Thursday, December 9, 2010

Those who give so selflessly...

Hello All!

Today as I visited with some wonderful people at the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Annual Holiday Luncheon, I had the opportunity to thank them for their incredible support and sponsorship. The Miss Alabama Pageant has afforded and continues to grant countless women the opportunity to better themselves and further their education. This year alone, the Miss Alabama Program gave away over $104,000 in cash scholarships and millions in in-kind tuition scholarships. But this kind of offer and experience does not just appear. It is worked for everyday by individuals who believe in this program and what it represents and sponsors who understand the significant impact that this experience has a young women's lives.

The Miss Alabama Pageant, Inc. is run overwhelmingly by volunteers. The Board of Directors, Field Directors, Local Directors, Pageant Moms, Dressing Room Moms, and Traveling Companions are ALL volunteers. They volunteer their time, energy, and talent because they BELIEVE it what the Miss Alabama and Miss America Organizations represent. They work tirelessly to make participating in this program a PHENOMENAL experience. Their support is invaluable and irreplaceable.

My life has been forever changed by my participation in this program. I am a better person because of the lessons I have learned from these amazing volunteers and I would be remiss if I did not recognize their incredible gift. From sponsors, who ensure that contestants are fed and housed during pageant week or make sure that I am as prepared as possible for Miss America, to traveling companions, who take time away from their family and their lives to accompany me to every appearance-this organization is comprised of individuals who represent the very best of the State of Alabama and exude class in every instance. To them, I say thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you for supporting not only me, but every contestant that graces the stage at the Miss Alabama Pageant. Thank you for never saying "no" and always giving more. And thank you for believing in the significance and relevance of this organization!

A very grateful Miss Alabama,
Ashley

Ms. Nan Teninbaum-President/CEO and Executive Director of the Miss Alabama Pageant

Pageant Moms-Our Support Team for Pageant Week

Mr. Walter and Mrs. Melanie Hill with their Niece Jameson-Committed Volunteers

My Incredible Family and Friends-My Source of Strength and Support

Miss Alabama's Past and Present-An  Amazing Legacy

Mrs. Kristin Coon-One of our Incredible Field Directors

No comments:

Post a Comment